A perm is a hair treatment that helps create long-lasting curls or waves. Asian perm is a popular perm technique that originated in Asia and has been widely accepted around the world. This perm technique provides a unique and versatile look to the hair, making it an ideal choice for those who want to add some texture and volume to their hair.
What is an Asian Perm?
Asian perm is a hair perm technique that uses heat and chemicals to alter the hair’s structure and create natural-looking curls. The technique is known for its gentle, low-maintenance curls that last for a long time. The perm solution used in this technique is specially formulated to be less damaging to the hair, making it a great choice for people with fine or delicate hair.
How is an Asian Perm Different from Other Perms?
Unlike traditional perms, which produce tight, bouncy curls, Asian perms produce more natural-looking, loose waves. The perm solution used in this technique is designed to be gentler on the hair, reducing the risk of damage. Additionally, the perm rods used are smaller in size, which helps create more defined, subtle curls.
Steps Involved in an Asian Perm:
- Consultation – A hair stylist will assess your hair type, length, and condition to determine if an Asian perm is right for you.
- Preparation – hair is washed, dried, and divided into sections to prepare for the perm.
- Wrapping – The perm solution is applied to the hair and then wrapped around perm rods of different sizes to create the desired curl pattern.
- Processing – perm solution is then left on the hair for a set amount of time to allow the hair’s structure to change.
- Neutralisation – The perm solution is then neutralised to stop the chemical reaction and set the curls in place.
- Styling – The hair is then styled as desired.
Also read : Wordle Alternatives – A Guide to Quordle
Q: How long does an Asian perm last?
A: An Asian perm typically lasts for about 3-6 months, depending on your hair type and how you care for your hair. Regular trims and proper hair care can help extend the life of your perm.
Q: Is an Asian perm suitable for all hair types?
A: An Asian perm can be suitable for all hair types, but it is best for those with fine, thin, or delicate hair. If you have thick, coarse, or curly hair, a traditional perm may be a better option.
Q: Can I colour my hair after an Asian perm?
A: It is best to wait at least a week after getting an Asian perm before colouring your hair. This will give the perm time to settle and reduce the risk of damage to the hair.
An Asian perm is a gentle, low-maintenance perm technique that produces natural-looking curls. Minimize damage risk, add texture, volume to hair with a great choice. Consider consulting hair stylist before choosing Asian perm to ensure it’s right for you.